Danube Bike Trail
A relaxed trip in a beautiful landscape!
The Danube Bike Trail offers a wide variety of scenery combined with easy riding. From being squeezed between the cliffs and the river, to cycling through vineyards and orchards, you have it all.
Quaint villages and towns are at regular intervals along the river providing good places to stay and eat. There is no need to book accommodations in advance. Even without knowledge of German or Hungarian, you will have no difficulties finding food and lodging.
The Danube Bike Trail offers a wide variety of scenery combined with easy riding. The Passau-Vienna section has the most impressive scenery while Vienna-Budapest gives you a taste of 3 different countries/cultures in one trip.
Passau-Vienna 335km (approx. 210 miles)
Vienna-Budapest 340km (approx. 213 miles)
Danube Bike Trail – Carefree Package
With our Carefree Package you pay only for the bike rental, all the equipment you need is free!
You decide how long you want to keep the bike.
Price example for 5 days Passau-Vienna
Touring bike: Passau-Vienna or Vienna-Budapest, only € 99,- p.p.
E-bike: Passau-Vienna or Vienna-Budapest, only € 224,- p.p.
What’s included in the Carefree Package?
- 50 liter water-resistance rear panniers with rainproof cover
- BikeLine guidebook
- Bike lock
- Repair kit and pump
- Free installation of your own saddle or pedals
- No deposit when you reserve you bikes
- Luggage transfer Passau-Vienna or Vienna-Budapest (must be pre-booked, cost € 50,- per suitcase/bag)
- Bike delivery Vienna-Passau (must be pre-booked, cost € 75,- per bike from May to September)
- Bike return Budapest-Vienna (cost € 65,- per bike from May to September, off-season - upon request - If you come back to Vienna by train, you can take the bikes with you.)
- Rain poncho – cost € 6,- per poncho
Additional Information (price examples)
The BikeLineGuide provides all necessary information: precise maps, detailed descriptions of the route and sights you'll be seeing, plus a comprehensive list of accommodation.
Bike Line Guide: € 30,- (including postage)
From Vienna to Budapest: Information about the Slovakian Danube Bike Trail pdf download
Danube Bike Trail - General information link