Danube Bike Trail
A relaxed trip in a beautiful landscape!
Length: 335 km / 4 - 6 Tage
Passau - Vienna 335 km (ca. 210 miles)
Vienna - Budapest 340 km (approx. 213 miles)
The tour can also be used in the opposite direction and is suitable for both our touring bikes and our racing bikes.
On the bike path
Danube in Vienna
The Danube Bike Trail offers a wide variety of scenery combined with easy riding. From being squeezed between the cliffs and the river, to cycling through vineyards and orchards, you have it all.
Quaint villages and towns are at regular intervals along the river providing good places to stay and eat. There is no need to book accommodations in advance. Even without knowledge of German or Hungarian, you will have no difficulties finding food and lodging.
The Danube Bike Trail offers a wide variety of scenery combined with easy riding. The Passau-Vienna section has the most impressive scenery while Vienna-Budapest gives you a taste of 3 different countries/cultures in one trip.
Danube Bike Trail Carefree Package
With our Carefree Package you pay only for the bike rental, all the equipment you need is free!
You decide how long you want to keep the bike.
Price example for 5 days Passau-Vienna
Touring bike: Passau-Vienna or Vienna-Budapest, only € 99,- p.p.
E-bike: Passau-Vienna or Vienna-Budapest, only € 234,- p.p.
What’s included in the Carefree Package?
- 50 liter water-resistance rear panniers with rainproof cover
- BikeLine guidebook
- Bike lock
- Repair kit and pump
- Free installation of your own saddle or pedals
- No deposit when you reserve you bikes
- Cell phone holder on handle bar (fits most cell phones)
Not included! (must be booked in advance)
- Bike delivery Vienna-Passau (May to September): fee € 75,- per bike
- Bike return Budapest-Vienna (May to September): fee € 65,- per bike. Tip: Take the train back to Vienna with the bikes and save money!
- Luggage transfer Passau-Vienna or Vienna-Budapest (May to September): fee € 75,- per suitcase/bag
- Rain poncho: price € 6,- per poncho. Available at the Pedal Power office
The BikeLineGuide provides all necessary information: precise maps, detailed descriptions of the route and sights you'll be seeing, plus a comprehensive list of accommodation.
Bike Line Guide: € 30,- (including postage)
From Vienna to Budapest: Information about the Slovakian Danube Bike Trail pdf download
Danube Bike Trail - General information link
Train tickets (per person)- Wien-Passau 45,- / 60,- Wien-Melk 18,- Wien-Linz 30,- Budapest-Wien 40,- Bike reservations for trains 3,- / 7,-
Accommodation (per night/person)in B&Bs or private rooms (somewhat cheaper in Hungary)30,- / 40,-