Vienna Water & Wine Tour by Bike
A pleasure tour by bike and foot!
You bike along the Danube Canal to idyllic Nussdorf where we will follow in the footsteps of one of the most famous composers to live and work in Vienna. Then we enjoy a short walk through the vineyards with impressive views of Vienna and the „blue“ Danube where we will taste the Viennese wines that we want to introduce you to.
Leave the bustle of the city behind and relax with us on this pleasure tour along the waterways of Vienna. Find out what makes these so important to Vienna, why Vienna produces more wine than any othe capital city in the world and where Beethoven walked, deaf to the sounds around him, as he composed his next piece.
Discover a part of Vienna that most visitors don't know exists!
What is included:
- bike guide
- rental bike in your size
- tastings of various Viennese wines (for participants 16 years old and older)
- walk through quaint Nussdorf and the surrounding vineyards
- bike ride to Nussdorf is about 8 km and takes about 40 minutes
- walks: 2 x 15 minutes with breaks (wine tasting)
- bike ride back: approx. 10 km und 45 minutes
- at least 12 years old (wine tasting for only those who are 16 years or older!)
- ability to ride a bike on your own
- a minimum of physical fitness; i.e., be able to ride a bike for 8 to 10 km and walk for 15 to 20 minutes up a slight incline (hill)
You meet your guide in the center of Vienna, get a comfortable bike, and then ride along the Ringstraße to the Danube Canal which you follow upriver to Nussdorf. Once you arrive, you park your bikes and continue by foot on an easy walk through the quaint lanes of what was at one time a village on the outskirts of Vienna, your guide pointing out and explaining sights of interest. Soon we will leave the houses behind us and begin our stroll through the vineyards. After a short uphill climb you will be rewarded with a fantastic view of Vienna and the Danube. Here, in the middle of the vineyards we will introduce you to and inform you about the two most important Viennese wines; Gemischter Satz and Grüner Veltliner. Fortified, we follow the path through the vineyards passing historic houses of winegrowers and winemakers until we reach „civilisation“ again and retrieve our bikes. On the trip back to the city center we bike along the Danube Canal.
Price Example - 3 hour tour
Drinks and meals are not included in the tour price!
We are happy to help you choose the right connections or recommend restaurants!
1010 Wien, Bösendorferstraße 5 | Lat: 48.201452 | Long: 16.370486