Service & Help
Terms & Data Privacy
Austria by bike
We have many tour suggestions for your one or more day tour and we will be happy to help you to organize your personal tour.
- The best, top quality bikes in Vienna - in different frame sizes to assure you a comfortable ride. Just send your height when you book
- You can bring your own seats and pedal clips and we will put them on your bike.
- maps including the Esterbauer BikeLineGuides
- transport for bikes from hotel to train station in Vienna
- panniers (rear saddle bags) or baskets
- helmet, locks, flat changing kit, extra tubes
Day Bike Trips
We recommend three trips to Vienna's hinterland - three different countrysides ....
Wachau - ride through one of the most scenic parts of the Danube Bike Trail
Lake Neusiedl - ride through the reeds along the lake to the National Park and bird sanctuary
From Vienna to Bratislava - ride alomg the Danube to the capital of Slovakia
Danube Bike Trail
The Danube Bike Trail offers a wide variety of scenery combined with easy riding. From being squeezed between the cliffs and the river, to cycling through vineyards and orchards, you have it all. Length: Passau - Vienna 335 km (approx. 210 miles); Vienna - Budapest 340 km (approx. 213 miles)
Iron Curtain Bike Trail 2018 NEW
Austria - Czech Republic - Slovakia
It begins where Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic come together near Passau, and ends in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. A useful advantage of this route is that you can do as much as you have time for and can be back in Vienna in a few hours by taking a train.
Length: The entire route is about 500km
EuroVelo 9 Amber Route 2018 NEW
Brno/Brünn bis Maribor/Marburg
Euro Velo 9 follows the old amber trading route between the Baltic coast at Danzig in Poland and the Adrian coast. From the Czech border to Vienna, through the thermal spa region of Styria to the border to Slovenia and finaly Maribor.
Length: approx. 560km